Post traumatic stress disorder
The symptoms to watch out for:
* Recurring thoughts or nightmares about the event.
* Having trouble sleeping or changes in appetite.
* Experiencing anxiety and fear, especially when exposed to events or situations reminiscent of the trauma.
* Being on edge, being easily startled or becoming overly alert.
* Feeling depressed, sad and having low energy.
* Experiencing memory problems including difficulty in remembering aspects of the trauma.
* Feeling "scattered" and unable to focus on work or daily activities.
* Having difficulty making decisions.
* Feeling irritable, easily agitated, or angry and resentful.
* Feeling emotionally "numb," withdrawn, disconnected or different from others.
* Spontaneously crying, feeling a sense of despair and hopelessness.
* Feeling extremely protective of, or fearful for, the safety of loved ones.
* Not being able to face certain aspects of the trauma, and avoiding activities, places,or even people that remind you of the event.
yeah. so ive been meaning to talk to someone about this. finally made an apointement at the counceling center on dec 3rd. so far away. but i waited this long i guess. i just hate the feeling. the thoughts the flashes of remembering last year. and its all hitting me like a ton of bricks. i completely dont wanna think about last year cause it fills me with anxiety and fearfulness. but i cant help it. blah. it was just such a horrible time with such horrible things. im glad in certain ways things are differnet now. so glad. but in others its exactly the same. fuck.
i dont really want to get into it any further.
- Music:the real world